People call me crazy...and maybe as an influencer, empath or innovator you get called it too, but here is what people don't know and why you should see critic as a positive thing.
Yeah, it can suck when you get criticised, especially if you're an empath like me and it involves a core belief that you hold, you can feel deeply judged and misunderstood... but when you learn to create space between you and your experiences, opinions and critic, they can be used as springboards that plant you more firmly onto your path.
Before going into what 'they' don't know about what it takes to be Lightworker/change maker, here's what you don't know if the words and actions of others continue to sting you: people don't know what they don't know and if you stand out as being 'different', you can expect to meet some sort of misunderstanding and resistance on your journey to creating positive change.
This is especially true if you're generally quite introverted (which many empaths are) and have a tendency to let your actions do the talking rather than shout your successes from the rooftops! . People make opinions about what they don't fully understand and this is quite an ingrained process. The nature of your job as an influencer, however, is to ignore that (if possible!) and extend yourself into territories that NEED what you have to offer and need a positive change to take place. When people don't understand how energy or healing based around energy works, there is even greater scope for misunderstanding and judgement. If everyone understood we would all be living in Utopia already
This is the nature of evolution in general - to bring light into areas of darkness for positive expansion to take place. To be a Lightworker or Lightbearer means that you have already gotten your hands dirty in the metaphorical murky waters of your own mind and that the same skill is then needed by those who ask for it in your external environment. This is how Lightworking 'works' - heal yourself, heal the world and become a source of inspiration for others to follow. Lightworking means you reveal who you are, unashamed and unapologetic. Not from a place of Ego or because others are any less than you but because you have 'been there' and have something of value to offer as a result of your healing journey.
Moving more and more towards healing and the expression of your authentic nature means that you will meet projections, reflections, imbalance and criticism from others as a result of you choosing this path ... but if like me you know with absolute certainty that this is your calling, that you are here to make a difference and the idea of this sets your soul on fire, learning how to be okay with critic and judgement is something we have to master.
Your uniqueness helps to evolve the planet.
It's not the first time in history that someone who has invented something or has a message to deliver has been considered 'crazy' which made them feel outcasted or placed doubt on the validity of their calling. We are so used to giving our power away and trusting external opinion, that at times we forget to reconnect with ourselves and our own truth. In this day and age, the 'norm' is to doubt yourself and question your worth, whilst you try to work on tuning into your gifts and reach inner peace, but they can't both exist together.
Once you do find your purpose the challenge is to stay deeply centred within that inner knowing. There is no overnight fix for this, it takes heightened awareness, a deep sense of self worth and consistent coming back to balance - mentally, physically and emotionally. The work of an influencer is never 'done', we are always coming back round to experiences that peel away another layer of illusion until the lesson has been learnt, the lesson that you are whole, valuable, loved and have deep soul purpose. The more we embody this truth, the clearer our path and purpose become.
The secret is to love and listen to everyone but not to necessarily take on their opinions about you ...
A lot easier said than done I hear you say. I get it. I still get affected by comments and critic at times but the length of time I stay in that place of confusion and unconsciousness is significantly less than what it used to be. That's the thing, when you're highly sensitive, not only can you tap into subtle energies and your innate clairvoyance and intuition, but you also absorb denser, more negative energies such as anger and sadness from others with full force. This can feel extremely unsettling and can throw you into a spin if you're not aware of the activity of your mind - which is designed to inform you (usually very loudly) of threats to your basic human needs which include love and connection. Critic can almost feel like a personal attack which threatens both of these needs and triggers the mind. The key is to stay balanced on the energetic 'tightrope' between what's going on 'outside' and what's going on 'inside' by standing firm in the truth of who you are and why you are here. The only threat to that and being affected for great lengths of time is the opinions of others and a poor opinion of yourself.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me (or at least not as much as they used to)
This is the challenge for us as Lightworkers and empaths. Here are some useful tips to help you recognise which energy is yours and which is not and how to place healthy, compassionate boundaries in place so that you can create space between you and your experiences. Space is what leads to mental clarity and sometimes warrants physical distance but, more often than not, as change makers, working on the shadow aspects of those around you means we need to master the art of being in the 'eye within the storm' - grounded, rooted and centred. Our challenge is to be in the world but not of it.
Placing healthy boundaries is multidimensional and a Masculine energy trait, which is vital when it comes to creation. Whether it be the boundary around a physical object, item or invention, or an energetic boundary that creates a container to hold your spirit, boundaries are important. Not all boundaries are to 'keep things out', they are also important for 'holding within' but sometimes boundaries can be seen as negative constructs due to their connotation. Many Lightworkers fall into the trap, that at the heart of their purpose, is the need to break down ALL barriers and boundaries. If we do this, we are at risk of undervaluing the purpose of Masculine energy - an energy which is vital to the creation of life. Without boundaries we would have no form whatsoever.
So how can we be better equipped at dealing with resistance on our path? How can we place healthy boundaries so that we can stay aligned with our purpose and passion? Here are a few simple but effective methods to use whilst you're in the storm. You can see this as a first aid kit to help you whilst your in the midst of turmoil:
1. Bring your attention to your breath: reconnecting with your breath brings you immediately back to your centre and creates space between your heart and your mind. Observe as the breath goes in, observe the spaces in between and observe it as it comes back out. Do this at least 3 times.
2. Place your hand on your heart and reconnect with your purpose: remember your reason for being on the planet and reconnect with the positive feelings of fulfilment at the thought of carrying out your purpose. If you struggle with this, remember a time when you made a difference to someone (no matter how big or small) and tune into the feeling that it generated within you when you saw the positive affect you had on them.
3. Remind yourself that life is a journey back to unconditional love: Everyone tries their best to get back 'home' from their level of understanding/awareness. The more negative the projection made by others, the greater their struggle. Exercise compassion.
4. Reside within the deepest part of your Heart: Bringing your awareness to the centre of your heart chakra (centre of the sternum) and feeling it, also creates space between you and your environment so that a sense of clarity and knowing (explained in point 3.) can be reached.
5. Remember that nothing is personal, everything is projection: Beliefs are powerfully integrated within our minds and are the 'lenses' through which we perceive life. Someone else's belief system belongs to them and does not necessarily need to be adopted by you but it does need to be respected.
6. Consciously root yourself in the space within where you recognise yourself as God Consciousness: Recognise that your heart is your greatest guide and the place where you connect with your truth and God given wisdom. Recognise that not only is this guidance always with you but that it will never lead you astray. Difficult experiences are trust exercises that help you to trust more in yourself i.e. the God within you.
7. Pay attention to your physical needs: lack of sleep, tiredness, poor diet and addictions can open you up to negative projections which act as energetic cords, that very often work on subconscious levels draining you of energy. Take care of yourself as though that is part of your service to the world. Recognise that self care is time well spent and also your deepest Dharma.
8. Remember that your experiences are not designed to make you feel bad: Instead they are there to help you redefine yourself if you choose. Learning how to choose based on love and not fear is a life's work. Experiences are reflections of the energy you hold and are revealed to you so that you can either expand upon them or release them. This is the nature of evolution, to take what is useful, discard the rest and add a unique, new component to aid in expansion and growth.
Stay true to who you are and remember that there are no mistakes in your life. The entire Universe has conspired to get you to this exact point. Remember that everything is unfolding perfectly, so flow with the current and hold onto nothing - not a negative comment, not the previous moment nor anything that has happened to you.
If this article helps you, please forward it onto another fellow Empath who may benefit from it.
Changing the world, one person at a time...
If you need help coming into harmony, clearing unhealthy beliefs or finding your purpose, I would recommend reading my book 'Get Conscious' which is available on Amazon, or by clicking on this link
Or message me directly for one-one energy readings, coaching or energy healing/Lightbody work. Message us with a description of your problems at https://www.getconscious.co.uk/contact and we will get back to you.
Love is the most powerful and under-rated force on the planet. It determines what we will or will not do and the direction of our lives. Whether we are conscious of it or not, we are always moving towards what feels like love and away from what doesn't. We at Get Conscious are here to redefine what love is and to help you find a source of fulfilment that no other external means can satisfy.
Visit www.getconscious.co.uk to learn how to reach unconditional love.